The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By registering as a client of a service supplied by MSL RETAIL LTD on this website and by using the www.msl-retail.co.uk website generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to provide an efficient service to you with minimum interruption on our part.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) To register you with our website and to administer our website services; (b) for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products which we think will interest you from the information we have. We will only keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions) which we consider may be of interest to you if you have subscribed to our newsletter. If you opt-in to receive our quarterly newsletter then we will keep you updated with information relating to new products and services. To unsubscribe from our newsletter please see the instructions at the bottom of this page.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
5. It is not the policy of MSL RETAIL LTD to pass on information about you to third parties. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above: (a) employees and agents of the Group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future; (b) to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties as a service provider (c) if we have a legal duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user-friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save the currency in which you prefer to see prices displayed so that you do not have to re-select the currency every time you visit our website. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but some functions, such as setting up a new account or access an existing account, will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.allaboutcookies.org. Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
7. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
8. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
9. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website.
10. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see contact details).
11. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
Removal from MSL RETAIL LTD's mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can un-subscribe.